Sunday, November 22, 2009

Butterfly

In my Aunt's blog(link at bottom of page) "Letter's of Hope" you will find just as the title suggests - hope :) . My love of butterflies comes from her home, and from listening to her and my mom talk about metamorphosis. I am borrowing just a little from her blog dating back to September 2007.

The reason I love Butterflies is that I love what Butterflies represent. The saga of a Butterfly has always fascinated me
and, since I found that the word, metamorphosis, comes from a Greek word that describes MY saga as well, I was more than fascinated; I was captivated! The fact that a tiny, often ugly, earth-bound, limited, caterpillar could ever become the beautiful air-borne butterfly that we all love to watch, is almost beyond comprehension. I’ve tried to imagine what changes must take place inside that hard, dead chrysalis hanging from the branch. It is inconceivable that it could contain anything living, and that such enormous changes could be happening inside. Yet, in due time, that exquisite creature emerges, dries its new-formed wings, and flutters away into the blue yonder!


This transformation is described as “metamorphosis” from
the Greek. It is used four times in the New Testament. Both
Matthew and Mark use it to describe the transfiguration of Jesus when His appearance was changed in the company of Peter, James and John on the mount.


Paul, writing to the Church at Rome, admonished them to “be not fashioned according to this age, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind…” (Rom. 12:2)


This is the verse that captivates me: “Now WE
ALL with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are CHANGED – TRANSFORMED – into the same image from glory into glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” “WE ALL” includes YOU! And ME! As we behold God’s glory, in whatever form it is presented to us, it changes us.
(2 Cor. 3:18)


Charles Wesley put it well in this verse from his
well-known hymn, Love Divine:-

Finish then Thy new creation, pure and spotless let us be; Let us see Thy great salvation perfectly restored in Thee. Changed from glory into glory, till in heav’n we take our place, Till we cast our crowns before Thee, lost in wonder, love and praise.



She has much more on her site that will encourage and delight your soul, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment