Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My man...

At 7:30 this morning I was listening to tunage and my eldest as we headed to the city. I was taking in the beautiful red and blue sunrise and as we came over the crest of one of my favorite hills the sun peeked out and was this huge pink ball just sitting on the horizon of a beautiful view. I soaked it all in.

I saw my mom - today is her birthday - all I had for her was a letter. A letter from my heart - but still not even close to what I would have liked to have had for her.

All a person does is sit when driving - yet it really tires me out. Last night I was up late with Roger, Christine was low, and then Tucker wasn't settling - about an hour and a half later I finally started to go back to sleep. Then Dylan was up, and my alarm went off at 5:30am ... so much for getting more sleep so far this week!

I was doing really well today, till about 5 minutes ago - which is one reason I rushed down here to type. I'll tell you about today in a minute, but a couple other little notes.

When I changed the days I have left last night I felt motivated. I am looking forward to doing it again tonight.

Music has always been a powerful tool in my life, and I got to listen to my eldest's touch ipod for the full 6 hours driving! Some of the songs got me thinking a lot about my husband ... I think I am going to dedicate the rest of this week to him.

So little tidbits about my man ...
The one thing that bothers me about my husband is his quick temper and tongue. It can come across as uncaring, rude, unreasonable, condescending,etc. So when I was standing there when he found TWO pairs of our eldest's socks on his hat shelf (thanks to trampoline runs)I braced myself and quickly commented about her gift of socks ... One of the many things I love about him burst forth - he does imitations VERY well (practices enough!) - so he started the whole "Dobby gave master socks! FOUR socks! Dobby gave master clothing! Daddy's free!!" (yes, its not quite accurate - but he did it so well, none of us really cared! and I don't know how to spell 'Dobby') Guess what her nickname is now - and no, she's not the master! To add to the humor (which the kids have had to develop out of necessity!lol), she is quite sensitive about her height - and for those of you who are not familiar with this movie - Dobby is VERY short. Anyway, this is one way he has carried on laughter in our home - and yes my eldest laughs alot too!









Goal with my man 1) Be able to enjoy kneeboarding and swimming with him again.

TODAY:
Tim Horton's coffee (LG)(yes, with the cream)

Smitty's Chicken stir fry - was actually very good - had some sauce on side - didn't really eat it ... plus a couple coffee's

water on trip

orange when I got home

Made roast, gravy etc. for family. I made myself some chicken in olive oil and cajun spice. I had some potatoes and carrots from our garden and some beans.
But then for some unknown reason to me I had an oreo cookie while giving the kids a couple for their dessert. ... Then I opened a box of mint chocolates and ate the third square while I began this! But I am putting the box away!

Walked Tucker - and pushed it harder and farther
TREADMILL - 30 minutes

PS - Guess what started today! Thankfully I had a quarter!

1 comment:

  1. OK, look, I have doubts about sharing personally when it involves my family, especially my man as he is much more private then I ... and the whole negative I started with was meant to amplify the humor of the story ... and really, can YOUR spouse say there is really only one draw back YOU have!?
    SO I leave it stand in hopes that its not the wrong decision.
    AND OH! I actually got a picture on here! yah me!!

    ReplyDelete