Thursday, October 8, 2009

For My Children - No Easy Way Out





(Photos courtesy of Shalene Dawn Photography)
"There will be a time when there will be no slamming of doors,
no toys on the stairs,
no childhood quarrels,
no fingerprints on the wall paper,
Then may I look back with joy and not regret.
There will be a time to concentrate on service outside my home
On visiting the sick, the bereaved, the discouraged, the untaught.
To give myself to the 'least of these'.
There will be a time to look back and know that these years of motherhood were not wasted.
I pray there will be a time to see him* an upright and honest man*,
Loving God and serving all.
God give me the wisdom to see that today is my day with my children.
That there is no unimportant moment in their lives.
May I know that no career is so precious
No other work so rewarding
No other task so urgent
May I not defer it nor neglect it
But by Thy Spirit accept it gladly, joyously and by Thy grace realize
That the time is short and my time is now,
For children won't wait!"
Last part of Helen M. Young's poem - "Children Won't Wait"
This poem doesn't have a lot to do with my entry - but I have to start these next several days with this poem.
4pm
I had a rough night last night. I got home and actually took the bread out of the fridge, felt the soft grain in my hand ... and put it back. Don't be too quick to give a pat on my back! I haven't gone on the treadmill in ... 5 days now? I haven't eaten very healthy. And quite frankly, feel foolish for having this blog. Although I do appreciate the encouraging notes Judy, thank you. Anyway, I put the bread away and rushed down here to write on the blog. It snowed today, so while the computer booted up I started a fire, and wondered what to write. When I am tired and I reach for energy in the form of food, I am taking the easy way out.
I had a relatively easy time with my pregnancies and birthing my children. Nothing was planned, I didn't have meds, I didn't have a stitch, nursing went smoothly ... the biggest complaint would have been when my son's collar bone got caught on my right hip (still gives me grief). But I think its human nature that we seek out the easiest, fastest ways. I wonder if I would have persevered through the pain if I had had an option in birth - yet here, on the other side - I wouldn't change it for the world! I have a sense of pride and accomplishment.
Our society perpetuates following the instant and easy way. But what is lost with that? We expect too much from others, we demand what we want when we want it, we are lazy and self centered, with no concept of work, integrity or longevity. (*"we" referring to our general North American society)[Ok, this could turn into a tangent way too easily, so I best leave it there!]
So perhaps I need to look at becoming physically healthy like labor!? It's *@! hard, but the outcome will be well worth the effort?
Therefore, I commit to you, here and now, that I will go walk Tucker in the cold and wet (even feeling cold, under the weather, and tired ... am I getting sympathy points? :) ), and I will go on the Treadmill - whether I am able to push it or not.
I will not take the easy way out.
7:45pm
I forgot to let you know what I ate today:
  • 1/2 cup oats with B sugar, 2 coffee
  • 1 apple, 1 banana, 2 granola bars, 1 jujube and 1 mini, diabetic dark chocolate
  • 2 pork chops, a little bit of potatoe and carrots, ice tea

I HAVE walked TUCKER - and it was a good pace. Invigorating, but my ears still hurt a bit...brrr!

I am about to get on treadmill for 20 minutes ... I am sure it will be invigorating, ... just as sure that doing this infront of this hot wood stove isn't the brightest idea! Sweat if off girl!! ;D



1 comment: