Saturday, October 24, 2009

Body-Mind-Spirit

There is no denying the Body-Mind-Spirit connection. As I said in the first week of blogs, we are spirit, given a mind and housed in a body. Each affects the other.
This all started because I figured I would meditate on some scriptures concerning my body, and maybe share one a day... but, not knowing who all reads this, I started backing up to try to set the ground work of my understanding. So if you read this, please understand that I am trying to just pinpoint some things as briefly and simply as I know how.

I would like to start this week with a diagram my dad showed me, I'm not sure if it was from his own studies or from a resource ... not sure how else to show you other then this:

1Thess. 5:23 says

"And may the God of peace Himself

sanctify you through ;

and may your spirit and soul and body

be preserved blameless

at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Heb.4:12 says

"For the word of God is living and active.
Sharper than any two-edged sword,

it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit,

joints and marrow;

it judges the thoughts and attitudes of
the heart."

There are 5 gates into our being ... which are our 5 senses ... eyes see, ears hear, nose smells, tongue tastes and skin feels.
Our bodies are fluid and solid, chemicals and electrical currents, bone and flesh, molecules and cells.

There are 5 gates that our soul communicates with our world via our body... imagination, conscience, reason, memory and affection.

And the one thing that sets humans apart in all creation - our spirit. God spoke everything into existence, but humans, He knelt, formed the clay, breathed life into it, formed a rib...

The one gate to our spirit is our will.

I love Proverbs 31:10-31, in fact, I have the amplified version framed in my kitchen - I really should read it more often! The applicable verse to start this week with is Proverbs 31:17,18,25:

"She girds herself with strength (spiritual, mental, and physical fitness for her God-given task) and makes her arms strong and firm. She tastes and sees that her gain from work (with and for God) is good; her lamp goes not out, but it burns on continually through the night (of trouble, privation, or sorrow, warning away fear, doubt and distrust) ... Strength and dignity are her clothing and her position is strong and secure..."

Another week with a rough start ... time to take some thoughts captive me thinks!





No comments:

Post a Comment