Friday, May 21, 2010

31:30-31 - Fear the Lord

Charm and grace are deceptive,
and beauty is vain (because it is not lasting),
but a woman who reverently and worshipfully
fears the Lord,
she will be praised!
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her own works praise her
in the gates of the city!

Key to it all - fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom...

"Fear" in these contexts is not the scared fear - but rather the reverent and worshipful type of fear. Imagine the greatest daddy in the world - fair, loving, caring, makes time, provides ... you aren't scared of him, but if you do something that you know would displease him you have a fear of hurting him. Except this is much more magnified when you are speaking of the Creator of the universe(s)!!

-The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him,
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding ...
(Is.11:2 - prophetic of Jesus)
-He will be the sure foundation for your times,
a rich store of salvation & wisdom & knowledge;
the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.
(Is.33:6)
-The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
(Prov.9:10)
-BY WISDOM A HOUSE IS BUILT,
AND THROUGH UNDERSTANDING IT IS ESTABLISHED;
THROUGH KNOWLEDGE ITS ROOMS ARE FILLED
WITH RARE AND BEAUTIFUL TREASURES.
(Prov.3-4)
-Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man. (Ecc.12:13 - King Solomon's conclusion - a man that has been deemed the wisest and richest King in history!)

May I consider the fruit - my children's love and grandchildren?
May I consider my works praising me - my children praising me?

And Abba Father, I know that You have plans for us, plans for hope and a future; I know that You complete every good work that You start; and I know anything that YOU haven't accomplished in me and my children is all for nought. I humbly come before You and invite Your Holy Spirit (Your Wisdom) to infiltrate everything we put our hands to, that we would be storing up treasures in heaven, that it would be in the gates of YOUR city that praise is given, and may it all be poured out at Your feet! As fun as it would be to be charming, and much as I long to be beautiful, make my heart's true desire and fulfillment to be one that reverently and worshipfully fears You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment