Tuesday, May 11, 2010

31:21 - Redemption

She fears not the snow (of temptation or false teaching) for her family, for all her household are doubly clothed in (the) scarlet (of redemption).

One of the references linked to this is the passage in Joshua 2, when the harlot, Rahab, hides the two spies in Jericho. They agree that she is to hang a scarlet rope out her window and when the time comes anyone in her home would not be harmed. Later in chapter 24 Joshua tells the people that "as for me and my household we will serve the Lord".

In our society today there is great temptation and a lot of false teaching. It is wise in the eyes of man and has convincing arguments. I have struggles of my own - I like the hope that as I battle it out for myself, that it is also being battled for my whole household.
1Cor. 7:14 "For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy." Phil.2:12 "continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling..."

But it is vital to remember where the redemption comes from. Hebrews 9:22 says that forgiveness of sins only occurs when blood is poured out. Jesus. Creator, God, Son, Man, perfect and blameless, took on my sin and my consequences in order to redeem me to Himself. When I am hid in Him there is no room for fear for my household - for His blood is more than sufficient!

Father God I thank You for Your grace and mercy and ask that You solidify Your Truth in my heart that I may live it out before my family. I pray that You draw each to yourself and for that blessed reassurance that I indeed can know that my household are doubly clothed in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment