Wednesday, February 10, 2010

To Honor Tucker


My daughter begged and waited for a puppy for many years. First my husband picked out Katey - a farm mix - a lot of Rotty. She was awesome, but my husband and I felt that she was going to be too big for town. My mom took her to the farm - and oddly enough - she is now a 'house dog'! (We NEVER had pets in the house growing up, unless they were sickly calves born in 40 below weather!)

In our searching we narrowed things down and I found what I felt was a good match on Kijiji. A lady in the city was unable to keep Tucker due to a change in living arrangements. I knew it would be hard for her - but I appreciate, even more now, the trust she showed in us as strangers. Christine commented that she looked like she was in tears when her and Roger picked him up. So I have tried to keep Tucker's original owner up to date as to how he is doing. Tucker was adopted by us in May of last year.




Roger, however, has come to the conclusion that he simply can't stand an animal in the house; and instructed us to find a home for him. This has been a very difficult month and a half.

Thankfully my cousin Tim, who lives in the city, has offered to take him on a month trial basis. If he fits they'll keep him, if not, he'll aid me in finding a good home for Tucker.

I asked Tim to send me an update concerning how he is doing, the following is his note AND a VIDEO :) I sure hope this turns out that you can see it! (Tim is a professional and his video is much better then my pile of photos)

"Hi Ruth, we are delighted to have Tucker with us! He is such a good dog! He is cute, well-behaved, obedient and best of all goes pee in the corner of the yard. Here is a video of him playing with a golf ball he found in the closet. He tries to get Rolo to play, but to no avail. He also wants desperately to make buddies with Squirt. Elissa loves playing with him outside too! He is GREAT!"

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.walkyouthroughit.com%252Fvideos%252FTucker01.wmv&h=df052afd64bd49653619bb4061d319d0&ref=mf
I think Tucker is so cute trying to get Rolo to play with him! (Rolo is a dog they are really only babysitting.) Squirt is their pet wild squirrel! You should see the video footage Tim has of HER! His son found her in the alley as a baby four years ago. They nursed her back to health, released her, but obviously she 'imprinted' on them because she's still there, defends the territory and has become a big part of their family!
As for Tucker, I hope it works out at Tim's. I have kept copies of emails to the original owner and of our journals, I hope to scrap book them along with the oodles of photos we have - may be therapeutic for Christine and I.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Ruth! Great video as well! I am so sorry this has been such a trial for you, but I can understand. It was hard enough for us to lose a rabbit, much less a cute and friendly puppy. Tucker continues to work his way into our hearts.

    ReplyDelete