Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Harmony pt.2

"This tuning though is not a one time thing. When we have been out of tune for a long time it takes frequent tunings in the beginning to get us to the place where we can maintain being in tune for extended periods of time. The more the piano is tuned and played the better it will sound and the less frequent the tuning! :)
.....
In the process of tuning we must submit to the work of God in us."
.....
(In November 2 friends of Becca's bought her tickets to see Michael W. Smith. She went to the concert Dec.18th (this 'revelation' of harmony occured on the 8th of December)
.....


"The last time I had been to a Michael W. Smith concert was in the mid 80's. I was expecting it to be the same - loud, and unless you knew the songs, the words would be indistinguishable. Boy, was I in for a surprise. I had asked Pat to keep my ticket until we got to the concert, I didn't want to lose it. Because I didn't have the ticket, I didn't know where the concert was. I thought maybe the Rexal Place, so I wore my jeans. After we had lunch I found out it was at the Winspear Center! I was wishing I had dressed up a little bit more! We found our seats and then the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra came out onto the stage and did their tuning up thing. I cried. That beginning part moved me more than any other part. It was like God displayed the reality of the picture He had given me for me to enjoy.

We aren't all a piano. We are each unique and as different as a tuba is to a piccolo or a bass to a saxophone. Each has its own sound, its own way of being tuned, its own way of being played, and its own song.



.....
Though each section plays a different song, when they all submit to and look to the conductor for the timing, the tempo, when to play soft and when to play loud, and when not to play at all, while following the music given to them (which they have practiced), they make wonderful music. If each were to do what was right in their own eyes it would be a mess. No one would want to listen to or be a part of something so awful. Each one must recognize that every part is important to the performance of the song.

God the Father is the conductor, orchestrating every detail. God the Son is the song, the music that soothes every heart,heals every wound, and forgives every sin. God the Spirit is the breath of life that is required for sound to come out of every instrument.

Each believer is different. The way the Holy Spirit works in each of us is different. Blowing into a trombone is different than blowing into a saxophone. The Life Song given to each of us is different. Yet when we are all playing under the direction of the Father, being led by the Spirit and not trying to be something we aren't (a trumpet trying to be a clarinet) and doing things we weren't called to do (a french horn trying to play the part of an obo) it works great and the harmony is amazing!

Tuning is God's discipline in our lives. And just like each instrument is played differently, and each part in the song is different so the method of tuning is also different. You don't tune a cello the way you tune a trombone, or timpani drums the way you do a harp. When we can see God's discipline in our lives in a positive light, something that is truly for our good, then we can embrace it and endure it patiently because of the joy that is set before us...."

My sister finishes with many verses from the Amplified Bible. Here I highlight just some key ones:
"Live in HARMONY with one another ...."

"So let us then definitely aim for and eagerly pursue what makes for HARMONY and for mutual upbuilding (edification and development) of one another."

"Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual HARMONY and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may unanimously with united hearts and one voice, praise and glorify God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"And above all these put on love and enfold yourselves with the bond of perfectness (which binds everything together completely in ideal HARMONY).
And let the peace (soul HARMONY which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts (deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state) to which as members of Christ's one body you were also called to live."

"Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (HARMONIZE together, make a symphony together) about whatever (anything and everything) they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by my Father in heaven. For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in My name, there I am in the midst of them."

My sister then closes her letter

"Love, A Fellow Instrument in God's Orchestra, Becky :) "


But this theme does not end here, I must write one more blog including more of my conversation with her about this analogy .... ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment