Friday, April 30, 2010

Blooming 4

Take some bulbs, the same for all intents and purposes, they are planted in the same place, with the same care and attention, and yet they grow differently ...

The following are two photos, one of the plant I have been 'following', with one tiny, not yet bloomed blossom on the right; the second is a foot away and has had a few blooms opening beautifully for a few days now ... and evidently will soon have much more color to burst forth in the warmth of the day.

Makes me ponder disappointment, comparison and contentment.

I've thought of many things to write, but think it best I end it with some of God's Word rather then man's philisophical thoughts:

"But who are you, O man, to talk back to God?
Shall what is formed say to him who formed it,
'Why did you make me like this?'
Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes
and some for common use?"
(Rom.9:20-21)
"You turn things upside down,

as if the potter were thought to be like the clay!
Shall what is formed say to him who formed it,
'He did not make me'?
Can the pot say of the potter,
'He knows nothing'?"
(Is. 29:16)
"Yet, O Lord, You are the Father.

We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand."
(Is.64:8)
"Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm.

He said, "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?
Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer me.
Where were you when I laid the foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions?
Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?"
(Job 38:1-5) God continues to question Job for 4 chapters!

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly
and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."
(Micah 6:8)
"...I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
Be completely humble
and gentle;
be patient,
bearing with one another in love.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." (Eph.4:1-3)
"But the fruit of the spirit is
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Against such things there is no law."

Bloom where God has planted you and endeavour to be the best you He created you to be!

1 comment: