Friday, April 2, 2010

Blooming 1

I love my tulips. I start looking for them in the end of February! They are always the first sign of new life in the spring and will start poking out even admidst the snow. (Although this year there was no snow for them to poke through - how we need some precipitation! - but thats a whole other matter!)
Thinking of blooming has brought on an on slaught of other metaphorical images in my mind.

Think of the soft petals of a flower. They so delicately and patiently open to their full splendor all in good time. If you try to pry it open before it's ready you only hurt, or even kill, the flower. Blooming takes patience ... and faith.

....
I went to visit a couple old girlfriends today - it was like a drink for my soul! How we need good girlfriends. ;D
....and hmmm, friendship, another bloom that grows and changes with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment