Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 19 - IN CHRIST, eternal life

Day 19 - IN CHRIST, I have the gift of eternal life

For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord. Rom.6:23

This is the promise that he has promised us, even eternal life. I John 2:25

Some people conjure up ideas of wings and clouds and harps forever and say 'no thanks!'.

But the scripture says:
Eye has not seen,
nor ear heard,
nor has it entered the heart of
men
what God has prepared for those that love Him!


It only took Jesus 6 days to create everything - from the universe to the tiniest speck that we haven't even discovered yet.
Now Jesus has been on the Father's right hand interceding on our behalf AND PREPARING A PLACE FOR US for about 2010 years!

And although it can blow our minds what it will be like,
may our first and only ecstasy be that we will be with Jesus!

I recall being at an Amway convention when I was dating Roger, he had been invited but had no interest in being there (Lake Louise!).
I was standing in a gorgeous lobby looking out of the massive windows held by beautiful wood work at the stunning mountains and Lake.
Dad came up to me and put his arm around me, pulling me in close.
He starting talking about he majesty of God's creation, in only the way my daddy can.
Then said 'but'... but even if this convention was in the ugliest most awful place in the earth he would still cross oceans and deserts to be there - just because mom was there and being with her was worth anything.

I'll never forget that moment with my dad. The love that exuded from him, the sincerity. He taught me in that moment the love for a spouse - and a demonstration of God's love for us.

May my love for Jesus grow and deepen so that I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that my longing

is not 'fire insurance',
nor a selfish notion of eternal life,
but my longing would be to be with Jesus,
as an old song goes:
"Heaven is being with You Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment