Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 18 - IN CHRIST, reconciliation

Day 18 - IN CHRIST, I have been reconciled to God

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. Rom.5:10

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2Cor.5:17-21

I put "..." on my last comment because Friday was a tough day in our home. Everyone has bad days and Friday was my husband's turn.

It was hard to live in the moment when HIS 'wrath' was pouring forth - and it was not INTENDED to be directed at us, his loved ones. It made me ponder Friday night at the sweet truth that I am saved from the justifiable wrath of God - only IN JESUS.

Then when I read Saturday morning these verses on reconciliation, the Holy Spirit continued His help in my heart to truly love my husband, even when the pressures of this life are weighing him down :) The part of the passage that says He "has given us the ministry of reconciliation" really stood out.

So I add to my other comment from Day 14:
Because I've experienced reconcilation from God I am free to minister reconciliation to other's - demonostrating love and grace when it truly counts.

Be aware, and enjoy the peace and love that reconcilation brings today!

1 comment: