Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 12 - IN CHRIST, I am free ...

Day 12 - IN CHRIST, I am free from the law of sin and death

...because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Rom.8:2

The whole understanding between old testament/covenant/law vrs. new testament/covenant/law; what IS done away with and what we continue to hold to; is a very difficult battle for me.

What I do know is that I am hid in Christ ...

The best illustration I have heard/seen concerning this verse is taking an object and dropping it...
then drop it again but put your hand under it ...

If I'm not abiding/hid in Christ the law of sin and death is like gravity on that object;
but if I'm abiding in Christ then sin and death simply act to keep me in His hand and dependent on Him ...
then I am free to do something other than fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment