Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 10 - IN CHRIST, I am righteous

Day 10 - IN CHRIST, I am righteous
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.2 Cor. 5:21

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, ...Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: Rom.3:21-22(KJV)


This is a tough one to accept for a personality like mine.
To take what is not mine.
When I am weak He is strong - leaning on that breastplate of righteousness.


Jesus completely covers me - I can't help but think of that Red Hen story I grew up hearing.
There was a barn fire and she could have gotten out, but when the fire was out and the farmer sadly sifted through the ashes he came across her charred body - under which were all her chicks, safe and sound.

It's Awe-full and Wonder-full, I cannot even contain in my heart -
that the Creator of all things,
whose standard is higher than I can even imagine,
would envelop me in His arms,
cover me,
be my support,
... be my righteousness!


No comments:

Post a Comment