Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chris Tomlin ' I Will Rise'

Considering how acutely aware I am to how fleeting my life is - I should not have to tell you how much this song meant to me as I heard it for the first time over the satelite radio on my holidays!(see previous blog for more info.)

(should I die before I wake, please make this one of the songs!)


There's a peace I've come to know,
though my heart and flesh may fail.
There's an anchor for my soul,
I can say 'it is well'.

Jesus has overcome,
and the grave is overwhelmed,
the victory is won,
He is risen from the dead!
And I will rise
when He calls my name
no more sorrow, no more pain

(I sing 'no more shame')

I will rise on eagle's wings.
Before my God,
fall on knees,
and rise...
I will rise.

There's a day that is drawing near
when the darkness breaks to light
and the shadows disappear
and my faith shall be my eyes!

And I hear the voice of many angels sing
'WORTHY IS THE LAMB!'
and I hear the cry of every longing heart'
WORTHY IS THE LAMB!'

No comments:

Post a Comment