Saturday, January 2, 2010

Be anxious for nothing

As a believer in Christ I should be a beacon of hope and light; but the truth is that I allow the carnal world to infiltrate my mind too much.

I have struggled with a cloud of fear over me, and I know it has no real standing. The encyclopedia says:
"Fear should be distinguished from the related emotional state of anxiety, which typically occurs without any external threat. Additionally, fear is related to the specific behaviors of escape and avoidance, whereas anxiety is the result of threats which are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable. Worth noting is that fear always relates to future events, such as worsening of a situation, or continuation of a situation that is unacceptable."
The anxiety I sense comes from within and not from external circumstances, and from the wrong belief that I am out of control.
The fear I sense comes from the foreboding of my body worsening - the weight, the effects of hormonal imbalance - or simply of the unacceptable situation continuing on.


It is difficult knowing your emotions and physical actions are not right, and feeling helpless to change them. I often day dream of going off to some boot camp for 6 months and getting myself on the right track. To feel imprisoned by your own self is a tad unnerving.


Paul understood these things...
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2Cor.2:8-10)


Again in Romans 7 we see Paul's struggle to do as his spirit willed, he concluded in verse 24-25:
O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I THANK GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD...


Paul gave very clear direction through the Holy Spirit in Romans 12:1-2
Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.


He specifically addresses anxiety in Phil.4:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Heavenly Father, I come humbly before Your throne with thankfulness for Jesus and the position You have granted me through faith. May I never lose sight of how great You are - Creator of all, Master Crafter and Designer. You aren't simply some higher being - but You are the One True God, ... and yet You still know me and love me! I believe that Your Word is true and that You are faithful. So I believe that if I confess to You , You are faithful to forgive me. I confess that my desire to be beautiful in the world's eyes consumes my thoughts more then You. I confess that I have allowed my appetite and flesh to rule the eternal within me. I confess that I have been walking in fear and anxiety rather then faith and hope. I have sat here at the computer, avoiding going upstairs for fear of eating the wrong thing even on the first day of commitment to change. Please forgive me, hear the cry of my heart and break down the barrier between my mind and heart, that I may walk out what I believe. I thank You for an amazing husband who has loved me unconditionally and demonstrated it clearly. I would request that You continue to cause him to have a blind eye to my faults and that I would find favor in his sight. I would also ask Father, that You teach me how to accept and receive his love, and Yours! I desire for my body to be glorifing to You, to be that living sacrifice, to be a vessel that is healthy, strong, confident, and at ready for Your use. Please help me by giving me clarity of mind, awareness of what I am putting to my lips, energy to get back on the treadmill, and an ability to be consistent. Thank You for the times of clarity and hope and peace that You have given me. Thank You for Your patience and enduring love. And Jesus, may Your Holy Spirit speak clearly to me as I endeavour now, knowing that physically, the first few days are always the hardest, to break from the hold of empty carbs.

In Your name Jesus I pray, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment