Monday, October 4, 2010

More than 40 mom!

Concluding notes from my mom's study:


(Day 41 :) )

THROUGH CHRIST, I CAN DO ALL THINGS
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil.4:13

(Day 42 :) )
CHRIST WILL PRESENT ME “HOLY, UNBLAMEABLE AND UNREPROVEABLE IN HIS SIGHT” – Col.1:22

(Day 43 :) )

IN CHRIST, I HAVE A FANTASTIC FUTURE -
“God…hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (why?) that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.” Eph.2:4-7
We will return to the earth with Jesus Christ and all the saints (I Thess.3:13) to rule and reign with Him for 1,000 years (Rev.5:10; 20:6) in a kingdom of peace, justice and righteousness.

(Day 44 :) )
IN CHRIST, I am on the winning side!

“Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power……..’’ I Cor.15:24-28


ALL GLORY IS DUE UNTO HIM!!

“BUT OF HIM are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: that, according as it is written, HE THAT GLORIETH, LET HIM GLORY IN THE LORD!” I Cor.1:31

“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of GOD, and not of US.” 2 Cor.4:7

I’m a NEW CREATURE! Gal.6:15
I live under a NEW COVENANT! Heb.8:8
I have a NEW NAME! Rev.3:12
I have a NEW spirit! Ezek.11:19
I have a NEW heart! Ezek.366
I have a NEW SONG! Ps.40:3; Rev.5:9
ALL things have become NEW! 2 Cor.5:17

WORTHY IS THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN TO RECEIVE POWER, AND RICHES, AND WISDOM, AND STRENGTH, AND HONOUR, AND GLORY AND BLESSING ! Rev.5:12



Notes of Interest:

I am being CONFORMED,

and will be CONFORMED to the image of Jesus Christ. ( Rom.8:29)
The Greek word for CONFORMED in this Scripture is ‘summorphos’ which means having the same form – we do not TRY to be like Jesus – we have HIS LIFE IN US!
(Other scriptures with this meaning are Gal.4:19, Phil.3:10 and Phil.3:21 where the English words formed, conformable and fashioned are used.)

Rom.12:2 says, “be not CONFORMED to this age”.

The Greek word for CONFORMED in this Scripture is ‘suschemnatizo’ which means to fashion in the same way.
In reality, we are new creations, the same substance as Christ.
Why would we want to fashion ourselves to be what we aren’t?
“….but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind”
- to undergo metamorphosis - another study!

Phil.2:6,8 says, "Who, being in the FORM (morphe=structure, essence of His nature) of God,

and, “being found IN FASHION (schema=appearance) as a man…”
In reality, He was God, but He fashioned or took on the appearance of man.
(good point for those who don't believe that Jesus was God)

To that last I'll add Isaiah 9:6:
"For unto us a child is born,
unto us a SON is given:
and the government shall be on His shoulder:
and His name shall be called
Wonderful
Counsellor (HOLY SPIRIT),
the Mighty God,
the Everlasting FATHER,
the Prince of Peace."
In one verse Jesus is called all three - Son, Spirit and Father. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment