Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good bye 2009

"Brothers, I do not consider myself
yet to have taken hold of it.
But one thing I do
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead
I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus."
(Phil.3:13-14)

In the flesh it is obvious. To consciously forget the failures of the past and to press on with the attitude of a new day. By rights, that is EVERY morning. The dawn comes forth each day with hope. Yet there is something special about starting a new clean year too.

When this verse kept resounding within me this morning it wasn't the forgetting part that connected to my spirit - but rather the pressing on for GOD'S purpose for my life. I know to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded brings life. It is important that I be a good steward of my body and health, but I must learn the value of who I am - I am HIS child and the Creator of all does love me. I know this in my mind and continue longing for the truth to penetrate my heart.

I recently had a dialogue on line regarding giving and receiving. I see that I have great difficulty receiving anything - including my husband's and my Lord's love for me.
I GIVE over the last year to Jesus
and I RECEIVE His grace for the coming new year.

Forgetting what is behind ...
I press toward the future goal(s)...

No comments:

Post a Comment